Friday, March 21, 2014

Transit planning and GIS




 My research for a  term project last year lead me to a lot of new and interesting sites related to transit.  I'd like to highlight one of them.  I would like to look at Jarret Walker's blog  (http://www.humantransit.org/).  Mr. Walker has years of experience working on public transportation and has even written a book on it.  His blog has a ton of general information related to mass transit as well as specific parts dedicated to individual cities.  So far I have only had time to read the Portland Oregon part of his blog.  It has a lot of information and I can only assume his other sections are just as detailed.  I like his blog because it isn't just one or two paragraphs per subject.  He really dives into the material.   I'm sure his blog will be a huge resource for me when it comes to public transit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment